Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blue meanies

olympic fenceThis is an old photo (taken in August I think) of the fence going around the new Olympic park redevelopment area. It's a much better photo than those I took this morning (owing to me only having my phone on me this morning), hence its inclusion.

I'm not going to attempt to follow the development of the Olympic Park too closely as another blog does a far more thorough job of it. But I did come across some interesting stuff today on my way to the local nature reserve where I saw, among other things, two foxes sunning themselves in the... err... sun.

Firstly, to recap, also in August I saw that the only thing breaching the impenetrable fortress Olympic 2012 was a tree tree in olympic fence, which happened to lie exactly along the path of the fence, and was broad and
low enough to leave the developers with no choice but to cut around it.

windows in olympic fenceNow, however, there is a new spirit of openness as they have installed windows. Not much to see as yet - just a load of rubble - so it's perhaps understandable that the first glimpse the public has been permitted to have of the site coincides with the plastering of these black and white posters over a section of the fence.
posters on olympic fence
Now that's what I call a community art project!

No comments:

Related Articles by Labels



Widget by Hoctro