- I was just on the bus reading the FREE paper over someone's shoulder. On four occasions they deliberately instigated a protective tilt. What's wrong with the world today? Think about it, think think about it.
Signs often say "witnesses needed... serious assault... sexual assualt... robbery... BLISTERS!"
This one ways "Fight".
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
It's been a while yet again since I last wrote. But the Broadgate Tower waits for no man. It's left me behind and is mingling with the stars and mythical creatures.
I do of course mean it's allstar appearance on tonight's Dragon's den.
I've never noticed it before, despite being an avid viewer. This means that either:
- all the other episodes (bar tonight's, which was a recap episode, 3 months on) were filmed before the tower was tall enough/respectable looking enough to be featured as a cutaway shot or (even better) as a backdrop for Evan Harris' summation speech.
- the Dragons have moved den!
But despite its new glitzy lifestyle it still lacks two things.
- Completion. It actually seems to be going backwards as yesterday, after the Arsenal Chelsea game, the builders had blocked bishopsgate street and were in the process of - or so it seemed - erecting a new crane!
- A name. This, I admit, is all my fault. I have been remiss in not capitalising on the, albeit limited, momentum I had. I will make up for this by printing t-shirts and selling on lulu or cafepress, where you can also buy this most interesting calendar for 2008. I have seen the back of every page of the calendar and they were most white and clean, which is what you'd expect.
The Gherkin has a name and is doing well for itself. They've just illuminated an entire floor bright red (it doesn't, alas, show up too well on the photo, but it is very eye-catching). Would that ever have happened to plain old 30 St Mary's Axe? I think not.