Monday, September 17, 2007

My second youth

Ok - you win.

Complete strangers have used the words 'wicked' and 'mate' in the same sentence when commenting on the blog. I think it's about time I came out of retirement.

So much has happened since I last wrote. So much so that I can't even hope to write it all up, so, for the sake of brevity, I'll unfortunately have to leave out the bit about my amazing adventures in space. Here is a recap (in rough order of importance) of some of the other significant things I made a note to write about:

  1. I have a new bike which, thus far, has not been stolen.
  2. The Walkie Talkie has been given planning permission. The Times headline is "St Paul’s, meet Darth Vader cathedral", which I quite like. Ruth Kelly didn't actually get around to makinga deceision and it was left to her successor (Oh yeah - we have a new government since I last wrote!) Hazel Blears to give a couple of weeks' deliberation to the months of case files before giving the stamp of approval. Is there a stamp, I wonder? Or is it all digitised these days?
  3. (such and such a number) Bishopsgate street has been cloaked in scaffold and demolition rags. Don't think the actual; knocking down has begun yet, although it's possible they've started gutting the interior. That's always a possibility.
  4. I have moved house. Back to Bow, my original London haunt, but in a nicer bit next to the park and canal.
  5. Broadgate Tower is now nearly fully glazed, though I don't have a photo to prove it as yet (but cycle past there daily, so who knows what could happen!)
  6. I missed yet another chance to go inside the Gherkin.
That's all for now. My blogging stamina is waning.

Unlike my cycling stamina. I rode all the way to Enfield yesterday, where the canal smells of dog biscuits.

*edit* Blogger thinks I've turned German:
That's what happens; you go away for a while and it's like your friends don't even know who you are any more.

3 comments:

JL said...

Blogger thought I was German yesterday too. I'll have to ask Vicky whether hers was suddenly in English.

JL said...

Oh yeah, and also it's nice to have your blog back! I needed cheering up.

Jayne said...

Hello, I was wondering if you would ever post again! And blogger thinks I have gone german as well - how bizarre!

Related Articles by Labels



Widget by Hoctro