Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A very boring blog

I'm at work so will have to be brief.

A little while ago I referred to a boring blog I found once. Anyway, I've just rediscovered it.

http://www.surfbirds.com/blogs/stonegrouse/


Early this morning I went down to Dawlish Warren for a look & saw the following birds in a sea watch , numerous KITTIWAKE & about 100+ GANNET feeding offshore with around 40+ SHAG .
Also seen were 30+ MANX SHEARWATER , 8 SANDWICH TERN , a single LITTLE TERN & a dark phase ARCTIC SKUA .
On the walk back to the car I also saw 5 BLACKCAP , 4 WHITETHROAT & a GARDEN WARBLER .
Later in the afternoon news broke of a GULL BILLED TERN up in North Devon at the Braunton Burrows & I got a lift up with fellow birder Mark Bailey & we got superb views of the bird on the ground & in flight to finish off a good days birding .
Now, as a childhood birdwatcher the subject matter does have intrinsic value for me - I don't call it boring as it's about birds.

But Jeeaisus Christ! - will he not add some zest in his delivery of the facts???

As if to confirm that he wants it to be a boring blog it's owner has called it "Dave's Diary". The diary of a Dave. Priceless.

Enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not a diary it's a bird record! But at least now whenever I wonder whether my blog makes good reading, I can remind myself that compared with Dave's it is fantastic, although I don't think quite as witty as yours.
Next time I'm struggling to fall asleep I sall visit Dave's diary for some help.

Related Articles by Labels



Widget by Hoctro